Grubbin' Goodness

Welcome to Grubbin' Goodness!

I'm all about good grub! I LOVE to cook. Nothing
makes me happier than to see the look of pure satisfaction on someone I love's face when I've filled their tummy with something yummy. I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and tweaking recipes until I come up with something of my own. Icing on the cake is when I can do it on the cheap!

|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Monday, September 20, 2010

Baked Mac, Chicken, Broccoli & Cheese

3 cooked chicken breast cut in bite sizes (I cooked mine in the crock pot with garlic salt/pepper on low 6 hours)
1 cube of butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups of milk
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese (leave a little out of the sauce to sprinkle on finished dish)
6 slices of American cheese
1 box elbow noodles
1 bag frozen broccoli
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
butter

Preheat oven to 350. In a sauce pan melt butter.  Add flour to make a roux.  Cook 1-2 minutes over medium heat.  Add milk and spices. Cook over medium heat continually stirring.  You don't want it to boil or scald.  It will slowly thicken.  In another pot cook your noodles al dente.  When there is 10 minutes remaining while cooking noodles, add into the same pot the broccoli.  Drain, and set aside.  Back to the sauce, once thickened add the cheese.  Stir until completely melted and mixed. In a big pot mix the noodles with broccoli with the sauce and chicken.  Pour mixture into a 13 X 9 Pyrex dish. Top with shredded sharp cheddar cheese  In a little bowl mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle breading on top of dish.  Dot with butter. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.  Finish off by 2 minutes under the broiler to make the breading toasted.

No comments: