Grubbin' Goodness

Welcome to Grubbin' Goodness!

I'm all about good grub! I LOVE to cook. Nothing
makes me happier than to see the look of pure satisfaction on someone I love's face when I've filled their tummy with something yummy. I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and tweaking recipes until I come up with something of my own. Icing on the cake is when I can do it on the cheap!

|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Friday, September 10, 2010

Taco Soup

Aren't much of a cook?  Consider yourself lost in the kitchen?  Then this is the recipe for you!  Completely fail proof as long as you know how to open a can and brown ground beef!  This is another meal you can feed a crowd with on the cheap.  I constantly keep my eyes peeled for when canned beans and tomatoes go on sale and stock up.  I always have ingredients for this easy go-to on hand. The lovely thing about this recipe is that you can mix it up depending on what types of beans you have on hand. If you have a really large crowd, just throw in a few more cans of beans/tomatoes. This recipe is versatile! Have fun with it!  The recipe below is the mix I like best. Here's what you'll need:


  •  1-2 lbs ground beef
  • 2 cups of diced yellow onion
  • 2 cans pinto beans
  • 2 cans kidney beans
  • 1 can black beans
  •  2 cans white beans
  •  2 cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 can stewed Mexican tomatoes
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
  •  2 cans diced green chilies
  • 1 large can sliced olives(drained)
  • 1 can corn (drained)
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning (I add 2 if I'm adding more cans of beans to make it more spicy)
  • 1 packet of ranch dressing packet (buttermilk version)
**Brown beef (until completely cooked) in a saute pan with onions.  In a large stockpot, add all of the canned ingredients. Add cooked beef/onions.  Simmer for 1-2 hour or in a crock pot on low.  Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and corn chips. 

No comments: