Grubbin' Goodness

Welcome to Grubbin' Goodness!

I'm all about good grub! I LOVE to cook. Nothing
makes me happier than to see the look of pure satisfaction on someone I love's face when I've filled their tummy with something yummy. I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and tweaking recipes until I come up with something of my own. Icing on the cake is when I can do it on the cheap!

|  Home  |  Grubbin' Goodness  |  Reading Nook  | 

Friday, September 10, 2010

Chicken Tacos

In need for something that takes very little prep, cheap, and stretches?  If so, Chicken Tacos is for you!  All that is required is a crockpot! A friend of mine passed on this recipe, and I've since passed it on numerous times.  It is perfect for any busy day, or for a game night.

Here is what is needed:
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 3 cans of El Pato Hot Tomato Sauce (The yellow can, you can find this in your local grocer on the "international" aisle) 
  •  garlic salt/pepper
That's it!  Throw the chicken in the slow cooker, garlic salt/ pepper, add sauce and viola! Cook on low for 6-8 hours (8 if you start off with frozen chicken breasts).  Remove chicken when cooking time is complete.  Shred by using 2 forks.  Chicken will literally be falling apart.  Add back to crockpot and stir in sauce. Serve with flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc.  Basically any taco fixins you'd like to add in!  Enjoy!

No comments: